Today's not only Canada Day, but more importantly, it's the birthday of one of my oldest and truest friends, Oscar. He turns 17 today. Despite being pretty hard of hearing, having slight cataracts, and having had surgery in the past on both rear knees, he's actually doing great and is still is busy little self. His routines have changed over the years, and he sleeps more now, but what's 17 in dog years translate to human years....102 to 119 years old (if you take the average they use of 6 or 7 years per dog year)? If I was that old, I'd sleep more. I can't get enough sleep now it seems.
He's been a great friend, and 17 is a long time. He's been a companion throughout many changes in my life, always there in the background and often times in the foreground.
Happy Birthday Oscar....You da man, fuzzhead!



Yah Oscar!
ReplyDelete