Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Street...

Since I got back, I've been spending quite a bit of time lately hitting the streets in search of photos. Inspired by some of Thorsten's advice, and also by the wonderful Leica short film on Jacob Aue Sobol shooting in Russia and China with the new M-Monochrom, I've deliberately tried to be bolder, moving in as close as I can sometimes.

I've met some interesting people; the warm summer afternoons drift into evenings, into nights, into early morning.  I've been out until 2 am sometimes, riding the bus or walking the Avenue. Coming home every to a fresh collection (sometimes only a few) of windows into something, hoping I've captured some of whatever it is I'm always searching for...

















1 comment:

  1. There is a theme here with the exception of a few pics..."connections". Humans connecting with humans, dog to human, you with your reflection both light (mirror) and dark (shadow). the girl with the smoke waiting to connect with someone. Casper and the jazz musicians connecting with their music and intersecting angles connecting....I feel the makings of an art show. All great photos and moments captured Jon. Not sure about the beer tap :).....

    ReplyDelete